Sunday, May 29, 2011

This I Believe (Seth)

Peace on Earth


I believe in global peace, but peace starts with individuals and then the house and community. Eventually it will spread to the cities , countries and eventually the world. Think about it, a world without famine and civil strife, a world without hunger and war and terrorism, this is what I believe. I believe in our community to start with peace, there are many different things that could make peace within the community of my school and city. I will start with school! Some days in the International School of Kuala Lumpur (ISKL) I see bullying, taunting or even racism, and it is because of this that I believe in global and community, but there are many things that are very good like peer helpers, friends and charity runs that can achieve peace within the school community.

I had some problems with bullying. For example in the school year of 2009-2010 there was a kid named Jakob who decided he wanted to be cool and to achieve this he picked on other kids, so in climbing me and one of my friends were measuring out these pieces of plastic chain to hook onto some poles to make a fence of a sort. It seems embarrassing and insignificant now but here comes Jakob and he shakes them off and cuts one link and pulls the two pieces apart and punches me in the chest when I told him he should not break something someone was working on, and, you know the rest. This is just one of many examples of bullying at my school and I believe in peace so for school we should tell people what is not nice and you don’t like it, Stop people stealing from lockers, Stop racism and include others in your games, groups, conversations, and friendships. This will help achieve peace within the school and in turn the community.
Peace within the community will probably always be hard in a multi-cultural and multi-racial community and so you will probably need at least three different groups of people working for peace already for it to become an idea, then a motivation. As this motivation spreads more and more people start working for it and the more likely it is for people to join and slowly it will go from school communities at peace to the city community. One example of this in my community are people who are the charity and give many different things from pencils for their school to food, water and medicine. Sometimes they even adopt orphans or build a community shelter for refugees from Burma and such.
I was in math and we were having a competition on who could bring the most goods for the chin refugees [From Burma] and whoever won went to their school to meet the refugees. My class won and so when we went there and the first thing I noticed were children running and playing inside an apartment where they were schooled. This made me think that they were at peace and safe in the knowledge that their country could not hurt them anymore. You can make a contribution to my petition and I beg you to do so by giving away something you don’t need, giving food and water, recycling and by giving vaccines and medicine to those in need.
As peace take hold in the community I think we should look outwards towards other communities and if what I believe happens then we will find other communities doing the same thing and then what started as an echo would then become a roar for peace very quickly and when we achieve peace between communities that could if used the right way can make peace between countries.
When a country is peaceful that inspires peace to others and if this process is repeated then another country will be at peace and as they make peace with others and help make peace in a country, it will spread like a wildfire in Australia and it will be seen globally as the coming of peace, and that roar will become so loud that when there is silence afterwards that will be the true coming of peace and this is why I believe in global peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment