Monday, January 17, 2011

Dominant Profile

I usually work best under a mild form of pressure. The reason I procrastinate for a while is because it builds up stress and I use that stress like energy, usually making my work a little bit better. In class I could probably use being called on every so often just to make sure that I am paying attention because even I have notice that my attention has been divided between focusing and certain distractions. Not mentioning any names. I usually only do well when I have a big motivation to do it because it is fun, so right we are doing the holocaust and WWII, I already know most of this stuff so what I think could help me do better is act some scenes from books, movies and passages from a textbook even.

I really need focus my attention away from people and entertainment, to study and friendship. My major problem is Humanities, most of my close friends and more distant ties are in that class and provide a huge distraction. I need a quiet area in every class like in math or else my grades will slip badly in all classes. I have have fallen into the same cycle as last year; earlier than last year also. I also need to make some reforms on my work habits. I usually procrastinate to create pressure but there are other ways, less risky like asking you dad to grille you about whether or not you have done your homework. OBviously not the case currently but a good way to ensure you don't 'Forget.' as I would like to call it.

A good strategy for me, mentioned earlier would be to be called on to answer a question periodically. If I haven't been listening then that creates a tight spot for me, quickly ensuring that I am listening at all times and am actually learning. I could use plays as a potential way to learn also, successful in the past this could reinforce already learned material. A Socratic circle could also set concrete in steel and with that I could use almost any strategies from my learning styles. I am all three major styles blended into one. With this knowledge almost nothing should be to challenging because I can think of multiple ways to solve problems, physically or mentally.

I would like my teachers to know that I always need some kind of motivation and my motivation is bipolar, swinging from really high motivation to astronomically low motivation, knowing this I hope that you now know how to teach me better and to direct my mental attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment