Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What is Identity?

This picture is merely a summary of white people and black people. Like in the blokes white people  are the center while black are the outliers but when Jesus Colon intrudes it creates quite a bit of confusion and generates the red in this picture.
Jesus Colon, a man on a train who turned away. One night Jesus Colon was on a train and was wondering if he should help this white lady or not. He chose not to because he is black. I believe that he had good reasons and bad reasons to help that lady. Was it because of ethnic difference or racism I don't know but I know that I have been in the same situation, not ethnically but just personality difference. Last year there was a boy named Jakob, he always undid my work and when I finally hit back he responded with all his strength. Was it right of me to hit him, no but there is a saying and it goes 'To pardon one offence is to commission many more.' This quote i'm not sure where it came from but it sums up the fact that Jesus Colon has probably had experiences like this before and when he chose not to help it was merely and act of caution, of course he could have asked to help her and that would have helped but the fact that he is self aware is enough for him not to help, even if it was the wrong thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment